Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflections on 7 years

Sunday was the 7th anniversary of my induction as Vicar of St Jude's. It is good to reflect on what has happened, especially in the light of preaching yesterday on 2 Corinthians 10 - "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord".

I remember being quite scared in taking on the role at St Jude's wondering if I would be the bloke at the helm while St Jude's emptied. It is great to see that God in his mercy has not allowed that to happen. I can honestly say that this is a miracle of his grace. I am so deeply aware of my inadequacies and short comings, and for those to not cause St Jude's to stumble is very humbling indeed.

I was praying with a friend this afternoon, and he prayed about God building his church. And I recalled one of my colleagues reminding me in the midst of a very challenging time in the last few years, that St Jude's was "Jesus' Church", and to stop sweating on it like it was mine. How great to be reminded of these things - that this is God's work, and in his mercy and kindness I get to be a part of it.

Praise God for the privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment