Monday, January 11, 2010

A long silence

I have been away from my blog for ages.

Last year got caught up finishing my D Min thesis on Church Culture. I submitted it on Nov 30 and now await the examiners reports. They give no indication of turnaround time. So a good exercise in trusting patience.

Since then I have been on holidays enjoying God's creation in northern NSW (Byron Bay) and south east Qld (Gold Coast and Brisbane) and have just returned from two weeks on a Theos Beach Mission in Mallacoota.



My wife and I were team parents for a team of young adults running programs to reach 15-25 year olds on holiday or living in Mallacoota (in far eastern Victoria) with the good news about Jesus. It was such a privilege to spend time with energetic committed Christian young people, who give up their own time to reach out like this. It was a great boost for our faith too.



I got to teach through the whole of the Book of Judges. Such an amazing story of the stupidity of God's people. Yet so close to our own stupidity. How often we find ourselves doing "what is right in our own eyes" and ignoring what God wants of us. How slow we are to learn.



Now we are about to spend 5 days at the Summer Under the Son conference at Philip Island run by CMS Victoria.It promises to be a great week of good teaching and hearing from CMS Missionaries around the world. The kids are off to the youth program.

No comments:

Post a Comment