Thursday, February 3, 2011

Promises of God

When Nehemiah prayed for the restoration of Jerusalem, he reminded God of his promises to the people, and held them up to God in prayer. "God you promised this, please act in accordance with your word". 
Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples; but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are under the farthest skies, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place at which I have chosen to establish my name.' They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great power and your strong hand. Nehemiah 1:8-10

I was thinking of the promises that we could call on today for God to act in establishing his reign and rule in Melbourne.

Here are a few I have come up with:
Psalm 67:7 God will bless us; And all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
Psalm 86:9 All the nations you have made shall come and bow down before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name.
Psalm 22:27-28 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him. For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
Isaiah 59:19-20 So those in the west shall fear the name of the LORD, and those in the east, his glory; for he will come like a pent-up stream that the wind of the LORD drives on. And he will come to Zion as Redeemer, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression, says the LORD.
Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as a testimony to all the nations; and then the end will come.
Matthew 8:11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and will eat with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven,
John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."
Revelation 11:15 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign forever and ever."

It would be good to think of some more. Let's pray these promises for Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment