Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spiritual Searching

I met a guy at a BBQ at the weekend. He was interested in what I really did with my time. Did I spend time listening to people with problems, and running church services? And how come I was at a BBQ on a Sunday anyway?

We began to talk about church a bit, what it was for and why I thought it was important.

He then said - "I guess there is a sense that there is something spiritual in all of us - although most of us (like me) are in denial". At that point the chops caught fire, and there was not much chance to go the next step.

But he illustrated the truth of Romans 1: 19-20 which I had just read the day before.
For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse;

I wish I'd had the brains to have remembered this at the time. Still, I'm sure God was in the conversation, and the opportunity is not lost forever.

1 comment:

  1. Augustine said of God "you have made us for yourself and our hearts are restless, until they rest in you." That would have been a good way to continue if the chops hadn't flared!

    ReplyDelete