Monday, March 30, 2009

White water

This weekend I took my son to a school Kayaking camp. We had a great time, learning to kayak in the white water up on the Goulburn River near Eildon. It was a great opportunity not only to bond with Matt, but also to hang out with some people outside of church. (I am trying to do this more and more this year).

It was a great experience. I am very sore today, having found muscles I didn't know that I had. I ended my kayaking adventure capsizing in the main rapid in front of 50 cheering kids. The last thing I heard before I entered the white water washing machine was "go Dad"! I survived with only dinted pride and a waterlogged head.

It was so great too, to meet some more parents from the school and work on building relationships. It was a beautiful spot enjoying God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment